In the conditions of the developing market, the processes of transporting goods and passengers acquire special significance. Freight rail transport plays a virtually decisive role in the Russian economy.
Why do you need freight rail transport?
The history of railways is 180 years old and more. The same time rail transportation is the most popular and convenient way to move a wide variety of goods. The total length of the Russian rail network is 86 thousand km. Like the circulatory system of the body, railway transport ensures the coordinated effective functioning of the entire economic complex of the largest on the territory of the country.
Different Transports and Different Shipments
- According to the freight turnover of the railway transport, Russia ranks first in Europe and second in the world, after the USA.
- Effective work of railway workers determines successes or problems of metallurgists, coal miners, oil workers, farmers, representatives of many other sectors of the economy. The free load board is essential in this matter.
- The strategic position of Russia on world markets depends on how fast and competitive the rail transportation will be.
- In accordance with Article 784 of the Civil Code of the government, the conditions for transportation by a specific mode of transport are determined by the codes and laws developed for each mode of transportation.
In addition to the Charter of the Russian Railways, the relations of the participants in the process, as well as the owners of the railway transport infrastructure, are regulated by the Transportation Rules, in which the main actions with cargo are rationed:
- The order of admission
- Rules of issue
- Requirements for the joint use of wagons and containers
- Rules for the transport of valuable items
- Delivery terms
- Storage rules
Rail transport is the best option for transporting bulk goods over long distances. Railway transport without any difficulties adapts to the transportation of different in size, weight and other characteristics of goods. The cost of transportation by rail is relatively low and not subject to accidental impacts.
The main advantages of railway transport:
A freight car is considered a champion in terms of carrying capacity. Railway transportation of oversized cargo allows you to deliver goods weighing up to 60 tons. One train carries a cargo of about 500 tons, while the car provides transportation of cargo with a weight not exceeding 20 tons. Transportation of coal, ores, building materials, cement, oil products, grainand metal is the exclusive destiny of railways.
When transporting goods in sealed freight cars, their safety and security are ensured. The statistics of hacking and damage is several times less than in road transport.The emergency of railway transport is significantly lower than that of road transport.Freight trains are adapted to the transportation of a wide variety of goods.One of the most significant advantages is economy. Railway transportation of goods in the vast majority of cases is cheaper than cars.